Register an account!
This forum is accepting new users again. Why not sign up?! Tons more sections will open up to you.
Top posting users this week

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on 21st August 2013, 8:00 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Day of the Dead (1985)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Day of the Dead (1985) on 5th May 2012, 7:06 pm

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
Day of the Dead by George A. Romero is quite possibly my favorite zombie movie of all time. It's got it all really.

It follows a crew of scientists working underground to overcome the zombie plague. It touches on some scientific facts regarding Romero zombies, and the gore is excellent- quite possibly the best I've ever seen. It makes you wonder why Romero went with computer-generated special effects in his newer movies. The gore in this movie is crisp, grotesque, and very fucking stylish. Tom Savini did great.

Anyway, the plot is excellent, and it has a hell of a climax. The characters were written very well. I'd give it one of my highest recommendations.

Trailer:

2 Re: Day of the Dead (1985) on 23rd July 2012, 9:10 am

M00ki

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
This movie really shines on the aspect of having an incredible climax like you said. I mean wow, this movie did so many unexpected things. The best feature about it? You actually FEEL for a zombie. I never thought I'd do that, but all spoilers aside, there is a zombie that you actually treat as a human, and is one of the best characters in the movie. He even gets his redemption, making for one kick ass "redemption" tale within a complex horror film.

At first I thought this movie was less of an action film, and more of a psychological analysis type of movie. It's both, actually. The movie may seem slow and very much like a lengthy exposition for the first half, but it serves so well in the end. I think most horror films should do this, shine at the END. This movie, I swear, is such a great fucking movie.

As for a zombie movie, it's totally different. It's creative as can be and as Link said, the characters are above two-dimensional. So you have the military guys that are trying to tyrannize the scientists and researchers. I really don't want to spoil it, so go watch the damn thing before I say anymore about the plot.
I'd say it's very character oriented. I love that aspect.

So anyway, this is a great zombie film with a great classic 80's score, some of the most goriest shit you'll ever see, the biggest feeling of revenge, action, and sympathy you'll get from a classic zombie film.

elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant 17/17 elephants

Last edited by naobatt on 23rd July 2012, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

3 Re: Day of the Dead (1985) on 23rd July 2012, 9:35 am

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
Great commentary (Y) Perfectly sums up the film.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum