Register an account!
This forum is accepting new users again. Why not sign up?! Tons more sections will open up to you.
Top posting users this week

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on 21st August 2013, 8:00 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zombie Films Official Page

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Zombie Films Official Page on 19th June 2012, 11:06 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
This topic is for listing for all major or good zombie related releases.

Completing links accounts of George A. Romero's "Dead Series". For those who don't know he is considered "The Godfather Of All Zombies". Between him and John Russo, they essentially created Zombies which in today's world are a genre of there own. I have researched the routes of the films in detail. Which have taken me to the spoofs and spin offs, remakes and alternate series and the Curious Zombi series. Oddly enough the films in the Zombi series have no connection whatsoever.

As far as I am concerned the only official zombie media productions are those of Romero and Russel. The rest are just tributes, spoofs and inspired movies. Here is the complete list of all official the official ones I could find.

The Dead Series:
Night of the Living Dead (1968) :
The creation of zombie movies as far as I am concerned. At this time they were actually referred to as ghouls.
Dawn of the Dead (1978) :
It is not directly unrelated to the first film, but happens in the same world later after the development of the zombie apocalypse.
Day of the Dead (1985) :
Follows the study of the zombies in a scientific base post the apocalypse. During which it is revealed that the zombies can be rehabilitated and domesticated.
Land of the Dead (2005) :
In this film the zombies begin to develop intelligence, led by Big Daddy who is unusually intelligent. In this film the zombies are capable of communicating at a certain level and using firearms.
Diary of the Dead (2007) :
Starts back in the early days of the zombie apocalypse in documentary style.
Survival of the Dead (2010) :
Crosses over into the previous film. Explaining the robber soldiers. Unlike the previous films it was met with a lot of negativity. It is unknown why.

Russo's Zombies:
Return Of The Living Dead (1977) :
A novel alternate sequel to Night Of The Living Dead.
Return Of The Living Dead (1985) :
Later the book was adapted into a film, which bears no direct resemblance to the book itself.
Return of the Living Dead Part II (1988) :
Follows up the first film.
Return of the Living Dead 3 (1993) :
A notable failure compared to the previous films.
Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis (2005) :
Entirely makes up for the epic failure of part 3
Return of the Living Dead: Rave from the Grave (2005) :
The finishing chapter.
Escape Of The Living Dead (2005)
Russo and Dheeraj Verma produced a 5 comic series.

I will work to complete these lists with the remakes and such. Please add any good series and films you know of. There are more than I can be bothered to type up about in one session.

2 Re: Zombie Films Official Page on 19th June 2012, 11:12 am

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
Lucio Fulci is also a pretty neat zombie director. He's responsible for the Zombi series, as well as countless other films that include zombies.

Also I agree with you on the whole Survival of the Dead thing. I really liked it, and I'm not exactly so sure what's so terrible about it.

3 Re: Zombie Films Official Page on 19th June 2012, 12:08 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
It is unknown what sparked the negativity. But overall the film was considered by many as being a let down to the series. I think some films that are good but only good, that are part of an otherwise great series are usually frowned upon. Like how people hate Godfather 3, though in fairness I hate that film anyway.

Having not personally Survival Of The Dead, I'm not in a position to judge it. From videos, trailers etc it looks pretty good.

4 Re: Zombie Films Official Page on 22nd June 2012, 9:58 am

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
ToastedToastyToast wrote:It is unknown what sparked the negativity. But overall the film was considered by many as being a let down to the series. I think some films that are good but only good, that are part of an otherwise great series are usually frowned upon. Like how people hate Godfather 3, though in fairness I hate that film anyway.

Having not personally Survival Of The Dead, I'm not in a position to judge it. From videos, trailers etc it looks pretty good.

Of the new Romero films, I'd rank them from my favorite to least favorite like this:

Land of the Dead
Survival of the Dead
Diary of the Dead

Diary of the Dead was my least favorite primarily due to the obviousness of the fucking computer-generated effects, and it seemed kinda ridiculous to me in the way it was presented. What I mean by that is- well I liked the whole idea of it videotaping the events of the zombie apocalypse and shit, but I disliked how it still felt like a cinema production. Cloverfield, for example, feels fucking entirely like it's actually being shot on someone's camera.

Diary of the Dead didn't do so well at that.

I really liked Survival for how it went back to Romero's roots, and once again displayed how divided a dying population can be. Sure this is something that Romero illustrates in pretty much all of his films, but the way he did it in survival was especially unique.

5 Re: Zombie Films Official Page on 24th June 2012, 2:22 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
Heres my collection of zombie/disease apocalypse films (Just the ones I own at present). Red ones are ones I just bought today =D

Outpost
The Guardpost
The Crazies (Original)
Vampires VS Zombies
It's Alive
The Zombie Diaries
Zombies (Wicked little things)
Apocalypse Of The Dead (Zone Of The Dead)
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Night Of The Living Dead (Original)
Night Of The Living Dead (Remake)
Land Of The Dead

I NEED MOAR ZOMBIE MOVIES!!!

6 Re: Zombie Films Official Page on 24th June 2012, 3:55 pm

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
ToastedToastyToast wrote:Heres my collection of zombie/disease apocalypse films (Just the ones I own at present). Red ones are ones I just bought today =D

Outpost
The Guardpost
The Crazies (Original)
Vampires VS Zombies
It's Alive
The Zombie Diaries
Zombies (Wicked little things)
Apocalypse Of The Dead (Zone Of The Dead)
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Night Of The Living Dead (Original)
Night Of The Living Dead (Remake)
Land Of The Dead

I NEED MOAR ZOMBIE MOVIES!!!

Oh shit nice shopping spree (Y)

Also, which Night of the Living Dead remake did you get? I watched the 1990(?) remake by Tom Savini and boy howdy fuck was I disappointed.

7 Re: Zombie Films Official Page on 26th June 2012, 8:29 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
It's the 1990 remake. I watched it and I found it had some merit. But I just couldn't ignore some of it's downsides. Like the unrealistically rubbery "Severed Hand" which she pushes along the floor with a fire poker. The alternate ending, I'm glad Cooper went out like he did though. The fact that they somehow managed to make Cooper EVEN dumber and into an EVEN bigger asshole that before.

Vampires VS Zombies I'm returning to the shop which ripped me off, I payed £1.50 or $2.25 for it. As it turns out, the film is only worth £0.10, many shops refuse to sell it due to it's aggressively poor reviews and reputation.

I haven't watched them all but I will get round to it Very Happy

8 Re: Zombie Films Official Page on 26th June 2012, 9:12 am

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
ToastedToastyToast wrote:
Vampires VS Zombies I'm returning to the shop which ripped me off, I payed £1.50 or $2.25 for it. As it turns out, the film is only worth £0.10, many shops refuse to sell it due to it's aggressively poor reviews and reputation.

I haven't watched them all but I will get round to it Very Happy

I'm pretty sure they won't refund it since the pricing is under the jurisdiction of the shop.

Perhaps they just price it like the rest of their cheap DVDs and didn't bother to look up its value because generally that's not a factor in selling DVDs unless they're used, older, brand new, etc.

9 Re: Zombie Films Official Page on 27th June 2012, 6:49 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
It's got there stickers on, Ive got there receipt and Ive got my secret weapon: Mummy. She once talked a shop into refunding a pair of Bob Marley headphones, which were broken almost a year after they were bought. Persuasion is one of her few special skills.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum