Register an account!
This forum is accepting new users again. Why not sign up?! Tons more sections will open up to you.
Top posting users this week

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

DoctorGordon

Most users ever online was 26 on 21st August 2013, 8:00 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

(1998) Scooby Doo on Zombie Island

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 (1998) Scooby Doo on Zombie Island on 23rd January 2013, 10:02 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
Scooby Doo was a childhood favorite of mine. But I think this one deserves a bigger mention, because it was my favorite of them all and also hold other values for me. I watched it 14 years ago when it had a 12 rating (PG-13 someplaces), which considering I watched it when I was 4 years old was actually quite spooky and scary for me lol. It's also A) The first time I ever saw Zombies. B) The scariest and highest rated film I had watched at the time (To my knowledge). C) My introduction to metal/heavy rock, from the track "Terror Time Again" if you can even call that metal or rock, because it is pretty fucking lame and hardly even counts as. But nevertheless, being raised by Catholics and hippies it was about the coolest thing I ever heard back then lmao.

It is widely considered the best Scooby Doo film ever. It is also the darkest, most violent, scariest of all Scooby Doo episodes and films, which doesn't say much. It prompted two follow up episodes with that same level of darkness, but I think they overshot it a little with The Witches Ghost, they referenced execution, witch hunts and torture in it, but it just comes of as pretentious and lame. It has a very good, very original storyline and it is has the best art, animation, voice acting and best everything really of all the Scooby Doo franchise put together. Did I mention it also has zombies in it? That in itself is a huge bonus.

The censorship was kind of a big deal at the time I guess, because it took something that had previously been strictly a childrens comedy with absolutely no content about a U (Suitable for all) and made it into something considerably darker. But frankly I don't think that anybody would give a rats ass these days.

I think it's a shame the direction Scooby Doo has been going these days. It's really stupid, lame and has trashed the entire franchise. I cannot stand any of the new series, really fucking stupid.

So yeah, good cartoon, one of my favorites as a kid. Lot's of nostalgia. 4 year old me shits himself and hides under his blankie. 17 year old me laughs at how retarded 5 year old me was.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum