Register an account!
This forum is accepting new users again. Why not sign up?! Tons more sections will open up to you.
Top posting users this week

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on 21st August 2013, 8:00 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dexter

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dexter on 20th February 2013, 9:13 pm

Camrox

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)

So this is a show I've been meaning to watch for quite a while now. It's always caught my slight interest whenever I see. DVD's at the store, articles about it, hell at one point I had a dream I was watching the fucking show. So this week I finally decided to check it out. Oh boy did it not dissapoint at all. So this actually going to be a quite detailed explenation of the story while trying to be spoiler free as I can.

Dexter is a show of course about a guy named Dexter(of course) Morgan, a Miami blood phorensics analysis working for the cops. But of course what the main point of the plot is he's actually a serial killer. Being the twist is he isn't a serial killer without point. He's driven by a sense of code where he kills people who are like him, who "deserve" it. Dexter acts like your normal everyday guy, charming, clever, a girlfriend, normal everyday job, but is driven mad by having to hide what he truly is. He's a very interesting character indeed. Throught out the show(First Season so far for me) he's dealing with not only his troubles, but figuring out murder cases.
This and his whole dillema sure does cause quite the drama within the show.

Other characters include his sexy foster sister, Debra Morgan, a police officer trying to move through the ranks of MPD. She's actually a pretty funny and charming character(and she's fucking hot). There's his LT Maria Laguerta(meh okay character), the hilarious bad ass black cop James Doakes(Surprise, Motherfucker!) and some Cuban cop named Angel Batista. There's some other occuring characters, mostly just side stories and comedy relief. All the characters have a story and conflict within the show, all wraped around Dexter's actions as well. It's great character development over all, even the side characters are treated in higher standards than most shows.(WALKING DEAD RED SHIRTS)

Through out the show besides the smaller crimes, is a larger serial killer that Dexter is solving within the span of the season(at least for the first season) Dexter finds it to be challenge, to be duped by a fellow killer. This season's was the Ice Truck Killer, freezing corpses and cutting them into different parts, even leaving clues behind.

Enough about the show, what do I think of it? Personally I fucking love it, it's seriously one of the best shows I've seen it years! It takes a few episodes, but the tension and wanting to know what happens to Dexter is there. Each episode is bigger and bigger climax into the next one. No other show not even Walking Dead has had me this hooked. All the actors do a great job, the setting, the mood, the plot, all of it intertwined into a fantastic show. Besides maybe Hannibal Lecter, no other series will you root for the serial killer. It's not always as it seems, the motives are explained here and you makes you feel for the characters in the story. So yeah Dexter's a great fucking show, loving everything about it so far! Getting further into seasons to see how it develops as a show, but I can definitely reccomend season 1 as not a waste of time.

-JA

2 Re: Dexter on 20th February 2013, 9:24 pm

Nggangsterpimp

Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
I seriously need to check it out eventually. Fucking fuck my ass.

3 Re: Dexter on 20th February 2013, 11:49 pm

M00ki

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
i herd it god show guy kils ;pl sa
mg
bfxmk

4 Re: Dexter on 21st February 2013, 8:13 pm

Camrox

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
naobatt wrote:i herd it god show guy kils ;pl sa