Register an account!
This forum is accepting new users again. Why not sign up?! Tons more sections will open up to you.
Top posting users this week
Nggangsterpimp

DoctorGordon

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on 21st August 2013, 8:00 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

I saw The Last Exorcism Part II

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I saw The Last Exorcism Part II on 11th March 2013, 12:11 am

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
I didn't expect too much from this really. What with the more recent Exorcism movies being in a different style and with far less historical/religious elements than in the earlier ones, and with the first Last Exorcism film being shot in a documentary-style, I didn't expect this to be too good.

Well, it was actually not that bad. They actually threw in loads of religious/voodoo elements and plot points that even I didn't know the origin of. It was decent with the scares, but didn't really give a general horrifying tone. It felt somewhat condensed and like they didn't really know all too well where to go with certain parts of it.

There seemed to be a lot of gaps in not only the storyline of the movie, but also in regards to continuity from the previous one. There were a few unanswered questions I had that were actually mentioned and somewhat teased in the movie, but ultimately it did feel kinda predictable in some aspects. There were points at which the movie seemed a bit too vague and at the same times points where it spelled things out too obviously.

Decent movie really, I enjoyed it, but meh.

6/10

2 Re: I saw The Last Exorcism Part II on 11th March 2013, 1:14 am

M00ki

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
I just really wish there's some type of revival of sophisticated horror films. I don't wanna sound like a pretentious person but, ya know, I just really loved the ground breaking types of horror films like Alien and Night of the Living Dead.

3 Re: I saw The Last Exorcism Part II on 11th March 2013, 1:44 am

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
naobatt wrote:I just really wish there's some type of revival of sophisticated horror films. I don't wanna sound like a pretentious person but, ya know, I just really loved the ground breaking types of horror films like Alien and Night of the Living Dead.

Yeah seriously. While an occasional straightforward horror film (like a slasher for example) can be pretty damn fun as long as it is clever, there is so much originality that seems to have been lost in newer horror films.

4 Re: I saw The Last Exorcism Part II on 11th March 2013, 5:41 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
I agree with both of you, LIKE HELL. There really needs to be something nice and new.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum