Register an account!
This forum is accepting new users again. Why not sign up?! Tons more sections will open up to you.
Top posting users this week
Nggangsterpimp

DoctorGordon

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on 21st August 2013, 8:00 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) on 9th January 2012, 12:17 am

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
Also known as Zombi 2.

The title "Zombi 2" was given to the film for its Italian release. George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead was released as "Zombi" in Italy, and despite the two films being completely unrelated, they share a similar title. Perhaps Zombi 2 was titled to cash in on Dawn's success.

Regardless, the film is excellent. A must-see for any zombie fanatic. It's full of iconic imagery. For example, the worm-eyed zombie that is pictured above in the poster. That is an example of some of the best makeup I've ever seen. Hell, I even bought a shirt with that face on it. Let's not forget the scene where a zombie has a short battle with a shark and the famous eye-gouging scene.

The film follows the plot of a seemingly abandoned boat drifting into the New York harbor. Harbor patrol arrives to investigate, and an officer is killed by a large zombie. The police then interrogate the daughter of the man who owned the boat. Clueless, she is unable to give them any leads as to the origins of the boat. However, she soon runs into a reporter who has recovered some details. This leads them to an island in the Caribbean called Matool, where haunting rumors of curses plague the natives and the surrounding islands. On Matool, they meet an American scientist who is researching the strange occurrences of the island.

The film is very well made. It's got the gritty makeup effects and gore that got several scenes banned in certain countries, and it's got an overall low-budget film feel to it. This doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. I'm the kinda guy who enjoys this, as more effort and creativity tends to get put into it. I also really like the main theme to the film. It plays several times throughout the movie, but it never gets old, and it's very appropriate for many of the scenes. I even have it on my iTunes.

The acting had some of its low moments, such as random, odd screams from the women when they encounter some zombies. I also would have probably liked to see a little more interaction with the natives of the island. There are really only a few scenes where they actually speak, but yeah. Other than that, I really didn't want much else from the film. It's a very satisfying and well-done movie and I would recommend it to anyone who likes zombie movies.

8/10

Trailer:

2 Re: Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) on 10th March 2013, 11:52 pm

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
I finally found a DVD of this in stores (Y)

it was the 25th anniversary edition, with sexy remastered shit, fully uncut, and hell, it even came with a poster.

3 Re: Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) on 11th March 2013, 12:00 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
Oh shit, nice man (Y)

4 Re: Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) on 11th March 2013, 1:17 am

M00ki

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
fuck... speaking of good ol' gore films, we should all watch Cannibal Holocaust like we did with the Dark Knight.

except this time

i am king

5 Re: Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) on 11th March 2013, 1:43 am

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
naobatt wrote:fuck... speaking of good ol' gore films, we should all watch Cannibal Holocaust like we did with the Dark Knight.

except this time

i am king

lmao i finally watched that a while back actually

also some of us still need to see the dark knight rises lmao

6 Re: Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) on 11th March 2013, 1:49 am

M00ki

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
yeah Very Happy I'll find the best way to stream movies and i'll make a thread about it

7 Re: Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) on 11th March 2013, 5:43 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
DO IT! We could also open some kind of chat (Possibly here), or skype or some gay shit so we can talk about shit when it happens. It'd be almost like we're in the same room, pissing each other off by interrupting the film and then being a hypocrite by doing the same.

8 Re: Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) on 11th March 2013, 5:54 am

M00ki

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Fuck. Yes.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum