Register an account!
This forum is accepting new users again. Why not sign up?! Tons more sections will open up to you.
Top posting users this week

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on 21st August 2013, 8:00 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final Destination 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 6:13 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
I'm gonna do a review as I watch on this one, I stopped the film just then primarily due to disappointment, but so I could get a drink, thought I might as well post about it like an instagram fag.

Well start the movie, insert an immediate downgrade to the opening of Final Destination 4, with repeated stock footage of things crashing through glass in slow motion. The series in general had a thing for skulls, but this one literally launches a bunch of yellow skulls at you at the beginning of the opening credits. Which is something I gotta mention, showing the opening to intense music (albeit not as good as the music in all the previous movies) doesn't really work as well when you had no build up to it like in the fourth, when watching the 3rd they did this too but it was eerie music and a buildup to what happens after, this was kinda lazy.

Insert some unpleasant, cliche characters with quirks replacing personality including a girl who flicks elastic bands against her wrists because she's superstitious (Seriously... Why?) followed by the premonition sequence which was far more rushed, far less dramatic and far less creative than any of the previous films, with little to no buildup and none of the incoming irony other than a bus step that says Mind Your Step (Because, that's not something you see everytime you take a bus, is it?) and then an even more rushed bridge collapsing scene, I'm pretty sure a bridge wouldn't collapse that easily and that quickly in today's day and age.

On top of that the deaths seem clunky and the physics over dramatized and often fake. Like a girl getting impaled on a boat sale and stopping a few inches after hitting it (She would have carried on down the pole) and then a guy in a falling bus, flying forwards into the windscreen, instead of flying to the back of it, like you normally would. Also several of the same people can be seen getting off the bus, several times. A water container falls from the bridge, but just moments before it wasn't seen on the platform it fells from and in between shots the bus driver is seen immediately standing up or sitting down and that's just to name a few and I'm only 18 minutes into the film.

On top of that it has that annoying habit of throwing everything towards the screen without cause. It kinda made sense in Final Destination 4 because it was intended as a 3D film. But I'm not watching this one in 3D and all the cinemas in my area didn't show it in 3D and the DVD's at the store I got the DVD from weren't in 3D. I'm assuming it was meant to be 3D but right now it's pissing me off a little.

OK, it started to go down hill with Final Destination 4, but I'm not giving up hope just yet, let's hope this get's better.

2 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 6:18 pm

ToxicDevil93

fuck this series lmao

FrankWest wrote:and he's like, the most dumbass in class.

FrankWest wrote:I think hiii111 is some fag who used to go here. Wait, did he ever existed?

3 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 6:20 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
Also stop, stop, stop... They said there were 8 survivors from the bus and that 17 died. There was only 19 people on the bus. Seriously, how many mistakes are in this film?

4 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 6:25 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
ToxicDevil93 wrote:fuck this series lmao

The first 3 were pretty awesome, but by the time Final Destination 4 came out (Yes, I'm calling it that because it's fucking retarded to call it The Final Destination when it's the 4th and not first) the theme lost a lot of it's charm to me. I mean they're just repeating the same thing over and over, at least in the first two they introduced a continuance in the series, the second one introduced a new idea that you could stop it and a complete reversal of the originals logic, which is explained well, the 3rd had the cool idea with the photographs. The 4th one had a few nice ideas, but it seemed strange that the guy kept having the premonitions over and over and when he had the premonitions for everything except the first premonition and the last, they were different. I.e. the fourth one wasn't so good.

This one is just... Lazy.

5 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 6:28 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
Ok so I'm seeing the guy from the first 2 films... Where are they going with this?

6 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 6:31 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
I hope they fired whoever wrote this script.

7 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 6:40 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
OK I just lost it at that first death LMFAO I mean I know it's supposed to be horrifying and grotesque but that was just fucking hilarious, she just flies of the bar and breaks her spine in half like a toothpick. Can anybody take that seriously at all?

8 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 6:57 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
OK why do we keep seeing that random black dude.

9 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 6:58 pm

ToxicDevil93

the pwn

FrankWest wrote:and he's like, the most dumbass in class.

FrankWest wrote:I think hiii111 is some fag who used to go here. Wait, did he ever existed?

10 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 7:37 pm

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
OK I was almost gonna give it credit for not directly referencing the previous films, asides from a few tiny details that would only make sense if you had seen the previous films and a little bit of credit that they introduced an escape clause to the mix.

But then I saw the ending... I mean really. Final Destination 5 is supposed to be a prequel to the first film? They end up on flight 180? And the plain doesn't even go down in the same way as the first film? And the escape clause goes to waste? And it introduces holes into the continuity of the series? Also they replayed a bunch of death sequences from the previous films, just so they could have more shit flying at the screen?

The series is officially dead.

11 Re: Final Destination 5 on 2nd August 2014, 9:08 pm

Delta

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
this series is like saw; it was okay at first, then became more and more illogical and tangled with each subsequent entry up to a point where nothing formed anything close to a cohesive narrative anymore

12 Re: Final Destination 5 on 3rd August 2014, 10:05 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
Delta wrote:this series is like saw; it was okay at first, then became more and more illogical and tangled with each subsequent entry up to a point where nothing formed anything close to a cohesive narrative anymore

A winner is you.

13 Re: Final Destination 5 on 3rd August 2014, 9:43 pm

Delta

Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
Bullshit Veteran (1000+)
saw and final destination also share one other thing; the only reason you watch the later installments is to see all the visceral death scenes/traps

14 Re: Final Destination 5 on 5th August 2014, 8:13 pm

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
ToastedToastyToast wrote:OK I just lost it at that first death LMFAO I mean I know it's supposed to be horrifying and grotesque but that was just fucking hilarious, she just flies of the bar and breaks her spine in half like a toothpick. Can anybody take that seriously at all?

Honestly like Delta said, that's the point. It's gruesome fun.

Personally I thought FD4 was fucking terrible and this one was a major upgrade but jj

15 Re: Final Destination 5 on 6th August 2014, 9:59 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
LittleLuckyLink wrote:
Honestly like Delta said, that's the point. It's gruesome fun.

Personally I thought FD4 was fucking terrible and this one was a major upgrade but jj

Yeah, I know, the deaths are always a lot of fun and let's face it they don't take them too seriously. But I just totally fucking died at that one. All this clever buildup, all the eerie stuff you see right before someone dies in these movies. And on top of that, it's the first death in the movie. In all of the other movies, the first death was the most important one and they usually went out of their way to make it gruesome and gritty and add a lot of build up to it and they have a satisfying and often surprising pay off.

Here's what we have so far. A guy trips up and get's lynched in his shower, a man escapes his burning apartment moments before it explodes only to slip and be impaled through the eye by a ladder, two woman are slowly burned alive by overheating UV lights, a redneck is dragged by the heal down the road by a driverless tow truck before being set on fire and killed in an explosion. And then we have a girl falling off of a gymnastics bar.

Are you kinda seeing where I'm coming from.

Also 4 was pretty lame too, but it had a lot of things I did like. The opening was pretty badass, I liked the soundtrack, I loved some of the ideas, particularly the scene where they're being lowered by an escalator into a pit of grinding gears and the camerawork and editing was nice. The CGI bullshit in a lot of the visions was horrible, I'll admit and it was definitely the weakest of the series up to that point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum