Register an account!
This forum is accepting new users again. Why not sign up?! Tons more sections will open up to you.
Top posting users this week

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on 21st August 2013, 8:00 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Codex Seraphinianus by Luigi Serafini

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Codex Seraphinianus by Luigi Serafini on 15th January 2017, 6:07 pm

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
I'm sure many of you have possibly seen images taken from this book, here are a few of my favorite examples:

So basically, this is a massive book of odd, obscure illustrations accompanied by a coded writing that I have been told was simply gibberish. Essentially the book is just odd illustrations accompanied by indecipherable text (in case someone wants to fact check me and make sure.)

The book covers a number of different subjects and is purely up to interpretation, and from what I've gathered it covers things such as physics, emotion, health, death, animals, ecology, etc.

I don't personally own a copy, as they typically run over $100. I've had the joy of reading my friend's copy a few times. It's such a dense book, definitely check it out if you get the chance!

2 Re: Codex Seraphinianus by Luigi Serafini on 2nd March 2017, 12:36 am

ToastedToastyToast

FLAMING FAGGOT
FLAMING FAGGOT
I've got 2 copies (One is beat up and missing it's cover and a few pages) and my mum has a third. It isn't gibberish, it just hasn't been decrypted yet it's still a favorite among cryptologists, who to this day are trying to decipher it but have so far only managed to crack a few small elements of the book, such as the numeric system used for numbering pages. What we do know for sure is that the text and the book in general was intended to give adults the same experience as a child does when looking at a book, which is the reason why the text is encrypted and everything seems so alien.

The reining theory on why it can't be translated is because of the classic method of ensuring near impossible translation, not providing enough text to cross reference for any patterns which would allow us to do so. For instance the reason the numeric system was cracked is because the pattern could be found, which wouldn't have happened if we weren't given enough of the page numbers in order for us to find the pattern the numbers follow.

3 Re: Codex Seraphinianus by Luigi Serafini on 13th April 2017, 4:09 am

LittleLuckyLink

Admin
Admin
Interesting, I was merely going off a friends description, but haven't actually read up on the attempts to decipher it. I can definitely see the existence of a number system though.

Lmao this Luigi Serafini guy is something else huh

4 Re: Codex Seraphinianus by Luigi Serafini on 11th June 2017, 4:26 pm

ShitBoysWetDream

New Member (0+ Posts)
New Member (0+ Posts)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum